Motor City: Where We Stand Now

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:56 pm

Sodapop wrote:Welcome aboard!

I remember haveing the very first 8-ball. :-P

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :D
I had the very first "Bad Ass Cobra" :P 8-)

ernieedog
MB Janitor

Post by ernieedog » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:04 pm

Hell I remember towards the end staying up half the night to see the new cars they were slipping into the lots. I particularily liked the chargers with the molded hood scoops.

TMiller
MB Bartender

Post by TMiller » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:30 am

I remember a tournament I entered into. That was the time everyone was running novas around industrial flats and I ran a duster. I believe I placed 4th in the tournament and I got a POS 63 decal thunderbird. I was kinda disapointed though since I could have goten 3rd if I hadn't screwed up on one turn. Other than that I remember my duster and how it only lost about 2 times. That car paid for itself over prolly 30 times. Man it was fun, I'm in wow now but would still drop anygame to have MCO back.

I also remember John Perry and how I could always get him into fights. Then the next time he'd be trying to make friends with me.

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:44 am

TMiller wrote:I also remember John Perry and how I could always get him into fights. Then the next time he'd be trying to make friends with me.
That guy still IM's me talking about his formula with glasspacks. :roll:

TMiller
MB Bartender

Post by TMiller » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:10 pm

CidHed+ wrote:
TMiller wrote:I also remember John Perry and how I could always get him into fights. Then the next time he'd be trying to make friends with me.
Yeah he has pictures of it but I dought its his, still pisses me off today. I remember one time i got so pissed because we had this staged race cause he was always saying how good he was. Well the rules were it had to be in the A class, and come to race day he came with a SA class TA. I had my class A car waiting but I uped it to a SD to make sure I beat that prick. I did if I remember right, still pisses me off today. He tried to be real good friends with me after that.

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:15 pm

TMiller wrote:
CidHed+ wrote:
Yeah he has pictures of it but I dought its his, still pisses me off today. I remember one time i got so pissed because we had this staged race cause he was always saying how good he was. Well the rules were it had to be in the A class, and come to race day he came with a SA class TA. I had my class A car waiting but I uped it to a SD to make sure I beat that prick. I did if I remember right, still pisses me off today. He tried to be real good friends with me after that.
http://img67.echo.cx/img67/2173/000123350ab.jpg

http://www.ridejudge.com/RideDetails.asp?RideID=12335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:53 pm

John Perry wrote:bored to 468, over 520hp, Headers,heads,intake,ignition,tramsmition,RAM AIR III, and MORE. Duel 3 1/2 exhaust, flowmasters,Rally II
Bullshit!

:lol: :roll:

LtoidKing
Majic Bus GOD

Post by LtoidKing » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Wasn't JP the one that was restoring a charger, and broke the winsheild when he THREW A WRENCH AT IT?

RuntyRebel
MB Janitor

Post by RuntyRebel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Well, hey boys. How's it be? Been a while since I've had a chance to drop by. Sorry to hear about the passing of lainie and Mutantt. They're in my thoughts and prayers along with big Jim.

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:30 pm

Z28K wrote:
John Perry wrote:bored to 468, over 520hp, Headers,heads,intake,ignition,tramsmition,RAM AIR III, and MORE. Duel 3 1/2 exhaust, flowmasters,Rally II
Bullshit!

Bullsmit....if your john perry :lol:

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:35 pm

Linc wrote: Bullsmit....if your john perry :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:42 am

Linc wrote:
Z28K wrote:
Bullshit!

Bullsmit....if your john perry :lol:
WOW... He made a funny. :lol:

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:34 am

What's up fellas, a shout out ta ya from the ghetto. It'a always funny as hell to see all the b.s. JP passed around, that dude told so many lies he couldn't keep up with em anymore, and the f**ked up thing is, I think he truly believed most of them heh heh. Anyway, thought I'd roll through a few of the haunts where all us refugees hang out and say hey. Don't do much on the gaming front anymore, matter of fact SCGT is the only one I play anymore. At the ripe old age of 6 and still kickin lol. Didn't wanna chase that elusive MCO fix, and didn't wanna be one of the whiners forever complaining, signing worthless petitions ( you know the drill) :roll: so the ol' sidewinder pro went into semi retirement. BTW, how goes that Flat Out/ MCO deal? Saw a blip on the screen about it aways back, but never heard much more.

Satchmo
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Satchmo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:33 pm

Welcome back!

I bet ol JP is one of those guys that steals pics online of other people's rides. :lol:

I should do that and do a little photoshopping. I bet I could have purists so mad they'd be spitting up blood and foaming at the mouth.

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Satchmo wrote:Welcome back!

I bet ol JP is one of those guys that steals pics online of other people's rides. :lol:

I should do that and do a little photoshopping. I bet I could have purists so mad they'd be spitting up blood and foaming at the mouth.
He called me up and started it while i was on the phone. Sounded like a poncho with glasspacks until the engine died.

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:24 pm

Yankette+ wrote:
He called me up and started it while i was on the phone. Sounded like a poncho with glasspacks until the engine died.
WTF? :?

You actually gave that DiChEd your phone number? :shock:

Satchmo
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Satchmo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:11 pm

Even then I wouldn't believe it. That boy tells such whoppers, he'd have to do a live broadcast of not only him starting it, but driving it (without getting chased and beat up by the real owners), but then he'd also have to turn the camera to show a bona fide title with his name on it. And even then I'd want three notary publics to swear out on-camera afadavits. :lol:

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:10 am

Z28K wrote:
Yankette+ wrote:
WTF? :?

You actually gave that DiChEd your phone number? :shock:
I was trying to call his bluff. :lol: I was laughing so hard when i heard it die.

Mad Max
MB Janitor

Post by Mad Max » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:22 pm

Bottom line is the game was great. Whats 10.00 a month. To race with friends and build cars. EA JUST DOESNT CARE AND IF THEY DO MAKE MCO2 THEY WILL PULL IT ALSO. :evil:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ ... 57chev.jpg

Calabrio
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Calabrio » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:18 am

Yeah- EA is a spiteful company.
They often inveset millions of dollars just to piss off a handful of gamers. They do it for giggles.

Brilliant

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:50 am

I love it do you not?:I:I

timbuc40k
MB Janitor

Post by timbuc40k » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:18 am

wait a min I get a warning for posting bad about ea, this just aint right, is there any good racing games out there close to mco, I have forza it isn;t bad but just not the same and the tracks too boring no trailer parks, or trains to race or play chicken with,

timbuc40k

Drakkan
MB Bar Patron

Post by Drakkan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:15 pm

Calabrio wrote:Yeah- EA is a spiteful company.
They often inveset millions of dollars just to piss off a handful of gamers. They do it for giggles.
I can name at least 3 times...

Motor City
Earth and Beyond
Sims Online

Calabrio
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Calabrio » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:22 pm

Drakkan wrote:
Calabrio wrote:Yeah- EA is a spiteful company.
I can name at least 3 times...

Motor City
Earth and Beyond
Sims Online
You can name three games?
Or you can list three games that cost a fortune to develop, but didn't live up to financial expectations for any number of reasons.

Or are you trying to say that EA invested millions of dollars just so they could piss off people by discontinuing the service? It was worth the millions of dollars just for the belly laughs they had when ready the outraged posters on the message board. That would be an absolutely foolish claim.

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:43 pm

Personally, I think marketing was to blame for MCO's demise. If they had bothered to put ads in magazines that gearheads actually read, like Hot Rod, Street Rodder, Rod & Custom etc, they would have sold millions of subscriptions-if only for access to the engine sim software alone (which retails for hundreds of dollars itself - go look up Dyno 2000 and you'll see what I mean).

As for the Sims, it could have done well, considering There.com and SecondLife are still going strong, and they started around the same time. Perhaps EA was asking for too much dough for those? The other companies seem to have pulled it off by selling land and items within the game world instead of charging outrageous fees to connect.

Earth and Beyond failed due to better competition. Plain and simple.

That's my 2c.