Old pic from MCO days

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
joesf
MB Janitor

Post by joesf » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:11 pm

Chopped Nova SS was another fun one. Mine was setup for HH.

That Black and Red beast ruled HH when it came out.

Da_Rev
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Da_Rev » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:25 pm

MCODakota wrote:I had all be two of the Dusters. IRL I want to get a Duster and paint it to be a Sponcered car.

Dakota
Which Dusters Dakota?

MCODakota
Majic Bus GOD

Post by MCODakota » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:48 pm

Da_Rev wrote:
MCODakota wrote:I had all be two of the Dusters. IRL I want to get a Duster and paint it to be a Sponcered car.

Dakota
Which Dusters Dakota?
I didn't have a Chopped Sponcered Duster, and ...... I can't remember now, I do remeber I only needed two to finnish the "collection".

Daktoa

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:02 pm

I was never much of a racer, the highest level I got to was 18. One of the reasons I never got to a higher level was because I had a different car every day. :lol:

RE_Lee
MB Bar Patron

Post by RE_Lee » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:04 am

Sofaking
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Sofaking » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:03 am

i lost all my mco screen shots a while back :( i sure wish i had my decal AAR collection i had all 3 the hardtop the vert and the chop...i also owned alll the rare vettes besides that chop decal postal had i offered him 40 mill and he said nope :-|

towards the end i got a chop decal GTO which i gave away the last few days of the game

RE_Lee
MB Bar Patron

Post by RE_Lee » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:14 am

My 'vert 66 GTO was the most-rare car I owned.

I got it late at night from the player auction, for only $250k...nobody was paying attention, so it was a steal. At the time, there were only three of them on Midtown!

It stayed that way until they started giving the vert GTO's away in that promotion.

It really annoyed the other two guys that had them...they had their cars loaded up with rare parts...showcars, basically.

Didn't bother me. My vert GTO was a racer.

It was rare enough to see a 66 GTO being raced in a competitive fashion. It was another thing altogether to see a vert being raced, so people were often very surprised that not only was I putting miles on my vert, I was fast, too :mrgreen:

My best track was Hazzard Hollow, I could get my formula down to around 4:00 for 2 laps pretty consistently...3:58 if I pushed hard and got a few lucky breaks. In the '66 GTO I could get it down to 4:08...not as blazingly fast as the firebird, but pretty darn respectable, and fast enough to beat most people. I had a 69 GTO down to 4:02 once, but I never could get it below 4:04 after that.

I never went after decals, mainly because I didn't have the money. I was always spending all my cash buying and building and racing cars, then selling them at a low price to players who lacked the ability to raise the serious cash for a serious car. :mrgreen:

VRE_jreitmeier
MB Bar Patron

Post by VRE_jreitmeier » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:26 am

I wish I had had the presence of mind to take a bunch of screens back then.

I too only one a single time trial, and it was pretty close to the end. It was Skoggit unlimited (with rain and backwards) and I ran it using a Hemi Cobra with mega nos. That Hemi gobbled down the nos and never ticked like all the other engines I had run with.

Then there was the Friday night Duster races. Some of the best pvp racing I ever had. So many different combinations of cars too. You had bloated big block torque monsters, lightweight smallblock screamers and everything in between. I ran either a 340 in my 340 Dusters and a 360 in the regular ones. I attribute those races to my love of the 1970-71 Mopar A Bodys. I will own one some day. :D 8-)

Ahhh.....and my highest tourney placing....2nd in the 442 tournament on Midtown near the end. I remeber the first race I had in it was spectacular because there was absolutely zero lag and me and the other guy were bumper to bumper the whole time. I was literally shaking from the adrenaline at the end.

Bastiges.......I had gone and moved on and then you all gotta drag me back in. :-P

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:45 am

I remember finding out that you can limit the hp with the distributer and keep the torque. I built a bad ass 428 pontiac 69 GTO B class with over 500ft/lbs.

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:16 pm

I raced the crap out of a 66 GTO on my brother's persona in Midtown, I was actually quite good with that dang car. I chewed up several Formulas with that sucker :lol: (everywhere but goose of course)

RE_Lee
MB Bar Patron

Post by RE_Lee » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:33 pm

EP429 wrote:I raced the crap out of a 66 GTO on my brother's persona in Midtown, I was actually quite good with that dang car. I chewed up several Formulas with that sucker :lol: (everywhere but goose of course)
I was determined to come up with a good GTO setup for GP, and I came pretty darn close.

I posted on the forums asking Skartisu and Kevin to run my GTO setup at GP and give me their opinions. I knew the car was capable of more than I could get out of it, I never was good at GP.

Both of them used it, both of them made slight variations to fit their handling styles and engine preferences, but both were able to produce times that were surprisingly good. I remember Skar mentioning that he didn't expect the car to go as fast as it did. :mrgreen:

Buick67
Majic Bus GOD
Location: Southern Sweden (home) or Copenhagen Denmark (work)

Post by Buick67 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:28 pm

I have a ton of pics, but 99% of them is "showroom" pics of my cars.

I had some rares, and some "one of a kind".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... ess_02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... ped_03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... cal_02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... red_03.jpg

And I was pretty proud of this one. Especially since I didnt want to use spoilers, because of the looks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... _setup.jpg

Sofaking
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Sofaking » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:16 pm

great stuff everyone it brings back the memories thats for sure...does anyone have a pic of the chop decal AAR or chop decal charger i would love to have one :D

Buick67
Majic Bus GOD
Location: Southern Sweden (home) or Copenhagen Denmark (work)

Post by Buick67 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:46 am

sofaking wrote:does anyone have a pic of the chop decal AAR or chop decal charger i would love to have one :D
I dont. My AAR's are chopped and convertible, but not decal, and my Charger is decaled but not chopped.

Dietpop
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Dietpop » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:54 am

sofaking wrote:great stuff everyone it brings back the memories thats for sure...does anyone have a pic of the chop decal AAR or chop decal charger i would love to have one :D
These are the only ones that I have ...

http://img151.exs.cx/img151/5374/70aarvertdecal2ad.jpg

http://img151.exs.cx/img151/8773/70aarvertdecal14df.jpg

Da_Rev
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Da_Rev » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:11 pm

Ah Yes...

I used to crash my GTO all over the road with RLLee's setup on it... I loved that vert' and I drove mine everywhere...

Da_Rev
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Da_Rev » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:14 pm

VRE_jreitmeier wrote:I wish I had had the presence of mind to take a bunch of screens back then.

I too only one a single time trial, and it was pretty close to the end. It was Skoggit unlimited (with rain and backwards) and I ran it using a Hemi Cobra with mega nos. That Hemi gobbled down the nos and never ticked like all the other engines I had run with.

Then there was the Friday night Duster races. Some of the best pvp racing I ever had. So many different combinations of cars too. You had bloated big block torque monsters, lightweight smallblock screamers and everything in between. I ran either a 340 in my 340 Dusters and a 360 in the regular ones. I attribute those races to my love of the 1970-71 Mopar A Bodys. I will own one some day. :D 8-)

Ahhh.....and my highest tourney placing....2nd in the 442 tournament on Midtown near the end. I remeber the first race I had in it was spectacular because there was absolutely zero lag and me and the other guy were bumper to bumper the whole time. I was literally shaking from the adrenaline at the end.

Bastiges.......I had gone and moved on and then you all gotta drag me back in. :-P

Ah yes Duster Night... I loved racing those things...

I had 383, 340, and the 240 It was a 240 wasn't it? the Smallest mopar engine?

I kept that thing wound in high rpms I loved the way it sounded...

St_Nick
MB Senior Member
Location: Just south of DC in Alexandria, VA. No really, its literally the opposite bank of the Potomac.

Post by St_Nick » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:52 pm

First and one of only a few times in Midtown, gave me one of my favorite pics:
http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~mes3/YTSE1.JPG

Bone-stock '67 chevelle was actually competitive on an E-class skoggit race

I wish I could find that animated GIF I had of the proper way to u-turn.

aqua

Post by aqua » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:55 pm

This one was a nice finish during some truck racing....
http://e.1asphost.com/mcoaquabats/minaqua.jpg

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:45 pm

LToidKing wrote:You guys remember TXHottie from Midtown?

Here she is, proving that chicks really did play the game. Who'da thunk?

http://bb.1asphost.com/LToidKing/TXhottie3.bmp

EDIT: OK, I can't get .bmp's to work, so it's a link.
lmao yeah I remember her. She was flirting in gen chat and I got to talking to her and convinced her to send me her pic. And Piggy asked for it once he found out I got it. Naturally I gave it to him, and I think he was as disappointed as me.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:55 pm

Anyone remember what website did the review of MCO and took a screenshot with me talking in it?

Calabrio
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Calabrio » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:18 am

Blaise wrote:

lmao yeah I remember her. She was flirting in gen chat and I got to talking to her and convinced her to send me her pic. And Piggy asked for it once he found out I got it. Naturally I gave it to him, and I think he was as disappointed as me.
What did you expect? That is far better than what I would have expected.

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:39 am

Calabrio wrote:
Blaise wrote:

What did you expect? That is far better than what I would have expected.
I was expecting a naked shot of course, hence the disappointment.

Calabrio
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Calabrio » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:59 am

check out the monster amazon people in the background. :shock: