What happen to the post from the EA guy ?

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
smokin22s
MB Janitor

What happen to the post from the EA guy ?

Post by smokin22s » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:32 am

What happen to the most recent posts from the guy at EA.

Blackin DeMaster
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blackin DeMaster » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:29 am

Some kinda drama and politics involved from what I can gather. Somebody got their panties in a wad, so the admins had to remove it.

Sub
MB Bartender

Post by Sub » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:18 pm

Ha! Yea, god forbid anyone at EA should have a constructive conversation with the people that make em all their money. You'd think he was enthusiastic about his job or something. Poor sucker.

BlitzMan
MB Janitor

hmm, thread removed

Post by BlitzMan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:11 pm

Thats kinda weird, whats up with freedom of information? lol
hearing of that brought me back to this site, kinda forgot about it, been hangin out with NASCAR league buddies.

we need more Good people like the ones who stuck with MCO and the place for em to come together in the way they did with MCO.
Take care all!

i was not able to logon, but now i can, kinda a quirk with their site.

Laters!
Last edited by BlitzMan on Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

MCOMaxFairbanks
MB Janitor

humm

Post by MCOMaxFairbanks » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:02 pm

was that EA guy bullshit ?

Calabrio
Majic Bus GOD

Re: humm

Post by Calabrio » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:23 pm

MCOMaxFairbanks wrote:was that EA guy bullshit ?
nope. We have a few EA guys around here.

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:49 pm

My guess is he got in some pretty deep trouble from his superiors. That guy was really devoted to the cause, and it seemed he would do anything to get MCO happening again.

Hopefully, he's working on it from the inside now. ;)

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:20 am

RadCap wrote:My guess is he got in some pretty deep trouble from his superiors. That guy was really devoted to the cause, and it seemed he would do anything to get MCO happening again.

Hopefully, he's working on it from the inside now. ;)
Yep, I agree. He's one of many who would do anything to get MCO back. I just hope he didn't get into any serious trouble. It's not too often a corporate employee reaches out to the community. That guy's a saint in my book 8-)

texis
MB Janitor

Post by texis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:16 am

So either EA execs read this board or someone "ratted" him out? I don't think EA would spend time monitoring this board......at least I don't think they would hmmmmmmmm

2faced
Majic Bus GOD

Post by 2faced » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:42 am

texis wrote:So either EA execs read this board or someone "ratted" him out? I don't think EA would spend time monitoring this board......at least I don't think they would hmmmmmmmm
Sometimes its not smart to let out corporate plans of upcomming projects or to open up fesstering wounds.

texis
MB Janitor

Post by texis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:12 am

Gigman wrote:
texis wrote:So either EA execs read this board or someone "ratted" him out? I don't think EA would spend time monitoring this board......at least I don't think they would hmmmmmmmm
Sometimes its not smart to let out corporate plans of upcomming projects or to open up fesstering wounds.
I don't doubt the wisdom of your statement, Sir. I'm just amazed at how EA seems (at least IMHO) to keep and eye on us "ex-mcoer's". They picked that EAGUY so fast it was as if they monitor this board regularly....like we're a threat or something heheheh.
Ok, enough conspiracy theorizing from me, back to the day job working for the C.I.A. -Disinformation and Smear Campaign Department 8-)

:lol:

Drakkan
MB Bar Patron

Post by Drakkan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:17 am

From what I saw I think its more likely they simply followed it here. Didn't the guy actually start the post to get people to go the needforspeed forums and comment? someone probobly said something over there about our site and then the EA guys popped in like "OMFG Thier on to us!".

Who knows. The important thing is that we all learned something from this... Don't talk about EA or thier games or thier flying monkeys will descend on you and try to eat your brains.

Satchmo
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Satchmo » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:53 am

Or they'll release the dogs.

Or the bees.

Or the dogs with bees in their mouths so that when they bark they shoot bees at you.

BlitzMan
MB Janitor

Post by BlitzMan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:37 am

Lol MiniPackage.

I got an image of that when i read that and let out a good needed little chuckle.

Take care all!

Blackin DeMaster
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blackin DeMaster » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:10 am

He has issues. But we love him. ;-)

Da_Rev
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Da_Rev » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:43 pm

Gigman wrote:
I don't remember him saying this was in the plans. I kinda remember he was fishing for info that he could take and plead his case for an MCO type game.

But I'm old and forgetful... what post was that?

SkarTisu
Administrator

Post by SkarTisu » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:08 pm

MiniPackage wrote:Or they'll release the dogs.

Or the bees.

Or the dogs with bees in their mouths so that when they bark they shoot bees at you.
Got some bad Milwaukee's Best Light last night, eh? :lol:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:02 pm

Just a stupid question here, but why hasn't anyone else taken up the torch on this one? Just because the EA guy is gone, doesn't mean that this community can't come up with an awesome game on it's own. Besides - now we KNOW EA is watching :P

LtoidKing
Majic Bus GOD

Post by LtoidKing » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:20 pm

It's been tried (can anyone say RT66?). No one can seem to get the resources together, and when they do, petty differences rip them apart.

Building a game is a LOT more work that playing one. That's where we, the consumers, differ from the producers.

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:18 pm

I'm just talkin' ideas bud. No need to let those stagnate. :)

67GP
MB Janitor

Post by 67GP » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:29 pm

eh at this point im ready to wait and watch to see if ea is going to satisfy us. if not then U2 will most definatly be the last Ea game i will ever purchase

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:45 pm

67GP wrote:eh at this point im ready to wait and watch to see if ea is going to satisfy us. if not then U2 will most definatly be the last Ea game i will ever purchase
BF2 looks good. Battlefield 3 (IRAQ?) might be good. I'm probably not going to buy most wanted. i'll play the demo and see how dumb it is then go back to bf42.

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:34 am

RadCap wrote:Just a stupid question here, but why hasn't anyone else taken up the torch on this one? Just because the EA guy is gone, doesn't mean that this community can't come up with an awesome game on it's own. Besides - now we KNOW EA is watching :P

LT is right. An honest effort was put forth by the team over at route66online.net. This was the place where the community needed to step up with the skills needed to make it happen. Unfortunately, it was just a pipe dream.

There was also an effort to bring MCO back. A petition was started and ended up with over 2500 signatures. Unfortunatley, nothing came of it.

There were also serious offers to buy MCO, but EA held their ground.

So believe me when I say, the community tried.

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:40 am

I would imagine it hasn't gone unnoticed. In fact, I just had a peek over at the official forums for Most Wanted, and it seems that Smoothie has actually conceeded some ground. He actually said they were listening.

Whether or not anything is going to come of it - who knows. I'll remain optomistic though :D

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:10 am

Wow - was it something I said? Where the hell did everyone go?