Uptown players may remember...

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
dalenott
MB Janitor

Uptown players may remember...

Post by dalenott » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 am

Uptown racers may remember Team br00d. The clubs website had a section managed by one of their members EddieO that listed car and parts prices. Well I was searching the other day and I came across their site. It is no longer hosted at bodysurfer.com as it once was. The new link is http://home.kc.rr.com/iondesign/motorcity/index.html The price guides are still there but the pictures are not. Still pretty cool to browse around for a good flashback. Page 2 of their archives even has pictures of the only vert nomad to be on the server. If I remember the story right, that car was removed by the suites because they said it had "issues." It was still a sweet ride. Anyways. The site is definitely worth a look.

EddieO
MB Janitor

Re: Uptown players may remember...

Post by EddieO » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah, I dunno who is hosting that site really........I still have all the stuff saved somewhere.......

The vert nomad was created after cadillac asked for it, cause the TOP in the game file of EVERY car was a seperate part......so he just had them remove it. The problem with it was really not that it caused any techincal problems with the game, but it was against the licensing agreement with GM in someway, so they had to remove it......

You could open the game files up in the model viewers and make anything a a convertible.

Glad you still enjoy the old site, I put a ton of work into back into the day, as did Moscone (he did all the html stuff usually).....it was weird though, while a ton of people liked it, there sure were a bunch of jerks about it. At one time, we had a big link to dictionary.com to the word GUIDE

Later EddieO

dalenott
MB Janitor

Re: Uptown players may remember...

Post by dalenott » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:31 am

That is pretty much how it is with everything. Always critics. Fact of the matter is team br00d did a lot of good things for the game. Had a lot of great fun racing with team br00d and the br00dlings. Not too many of the MCO sites are still being hosted. It's nice to see one every now and again to spark a memory.