Dead Man's Loop - raceable alpha version for rFactor

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
Sub
MB Bartender

Dead Man's Loop - raceable alpha version for rFactor

Post by Sub » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Hey people - so i finally managed to tie up a raceable version of Dead Man's Run and Tornado Flats, looping into each other. I've been hoping to get it available for Richard Burns Rally, but i'm nowhere near that yet. So this version is just for rFactor. It's an alpha version that doesn't have a whole ton of graphical polish to it, but it's getting there. I just figured people would like to check out where things are at and maybe set some lap times. All the details and a download link are in my recent blog post:

http://mcotracks.blogspot.com/

And if you're looking to race it in any PROPER fashion, you should also bounce over here: http://fatbob56.com/forum/mcomod/index.php to get the MCO mod, if you haven't all ready. I think those guys are also fairly set to host some race nights. So if you're looking to race actual people instead of the crappy AI, that'd be a good place to go.

It's a long way from finished, but i think you guys will dig it. :)

~Sub

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Re: Dead Man's Loop - raceable alpha version for rFactor

Post by Z28K » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Cool! Great work Sub! :smt041

I was gonna buy rFactor before and you said to wait. So now it's time?

Sub
MB Bartender

Re: Dead Man's Loop - raceable alpha version for rFactor

Post by Sub » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:02 pm

The races are pretty fun and it's feeling a lot like the original. I've got about a week of detailing to do before i can call it good, but it's coming along. I feel funny saying that anyone should buy rFactor just for this, but i've been having a pretty good time racing on it. I've been running laps in reverse with 26 AI and seeing what kind of times i can get. In a Cobra set just right, my fastest has been a 2:03. So there's about that much white-knuckled racing you can get out of it at the moment. Running more than 4 cars at once on it is a nice upgrade from the original.

I'll make some Youtube videos as soon as i've got everything looking nice. I'll have all the lights strung out for night time racing then too; so it'll make for a better looking experience. It might be worth waiting to see what some other people who already have rFactor say about it first. I'm hoping for the best, but we'll see.