Let's do some MCO RACES!

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Let's do some MCO RACES!

Post by ZER » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks to the debug program, we can now race each other on the tracks of MCO once again, just not online.

So Here's how we do it.

1) Pick a Car
2) Pick a Track
3) Pick number of laps
4) Pick Time of Day
5) Pick weather
6) Pick Direction
7) Race and post a Screenshot of your time to beat.
8) Damage on/off

I'll post an easy one for everyone to beat.

Car: 1949 Mercury #112
Track: Hazard Hollow
Laps: 2
TOD: Night
Weather: none
Direction: Normal
Damage ON!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ZER on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sub
MB Bartender

Re: Let's do some MCO RACES!

Post by Sub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:42 am

Hell yea! I'll see if i can lay down a time later this evening. :)

One other relevant setting would be whether you've got damage on or off.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Sub wrote:Hell yea! I'll see if i can lay down a time later this evening. :)

One other relevant setting would be whether you've got damage on or off.
Very true!

I just never think to use the "no damage" mode, since the damage model of the game, effecting the cars handling, performance, and sound was always one of the things I loved most about MCO.

LtoidKing
Majic Bus GOD

Post by LtoidKing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Did either of you guys actually make a post in the main forum about the debug? Not everyone scrolls down here.

Maverick74
MB Senior Member

Post by Maverick74 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 pm

I ran a race, but it didn't give me the race results, not that it would matter, I don't recall how to post screens. :(

Edit: Ok, got a time of 8.00.18 with a best lap of 3.48.53.

Sub
MB Bartender

Post by Sub » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 am

Finally got a free night for doing this. I didn't notice that there was an AI in the first race until after i ran it, but i don't think it'll matter much. If it'd be more legit to have that AI in there, let me know and i'll re-run it.

I think i'll spin up another one. :)

http://www.isaacaubrey.com/MCO/TT/7-10-11_Hazard.jpg

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Sub wrote:If it'd be more legit to have that AI in there, let me know and i'll re-run it.

The AI is a joke anyhow, I think they used Cadillac as the model for AI drivers... They tend to run into the first thing they come across anyhow.

I'll give the Z28 on Industrial you posted a run tomorrow morning since i have my wheel setup on my computer desk now, just have to hook up my laptop. :good:

Maverick74
MB Senior Member

Post by Maverick74 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:59 pm

ZER wrote:
Sub wrote:If it'd be more legit to have that AI in there, let me know and i'll re-run it.

The AI is a joke anyhow, I think they used Cadillac as the model for AI drivers... They tend to run into the first thing they come across anyhow.

I'll give the Z28 on Industrial you posted a run tomorrow morning since i have my wheel setup on my computer desk now, just have to hook up my laptop. :good:
I do think it is possible to change how well the AI performs, and i have noticed that on certain tracks they do fairly well, such as proving grounds.

Sub
MB Bartender

Post by Sub » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:08 am

ZER wrote:The AI is a joke anyhow, I think they used Cadillac as the model for AI drivers... They tend to run into the first thing they come across anyhow.
Haha! Of the tracks i like to race the most (any street tracks), the AI are mostly idiots, but they'll kick the crap out of you on the Circuit ones. As for adjusting difficulty, it looks like it's possible, but i've never strayed from keeping it on hard difficulty - they're boneheaded enough as it is. :) That might be a good way to get a fair race on the circuit tracks, actually. Hmm...

For awhile i was dropping a few AI on Gas Town in Cobras while i would race in a 57 Vette - If i was up on my race i would beat em, but one wipeout and i'd have a serious battle on my hands. Definitely a fun one. I'd also do the same setup on Skoggit, but see how many laps i could make around the ticket booth at the end of the 1st lap before the AI reached the turn around. If i took off right then, it was usually a pretty breakneck battle to the end of the race.

This is making me want to spin up another race in a Vette... maybe SKOGGIT :)

Crim
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Crim » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:22 am

Omg!
I have to buy and build another computer now... Canceled my land line and DSL....
Been using my phone for Internet and Email for a year now. Sick and tired of this shit!
Did my taxes last night, I'll be getting around 7k back, guess ill get hooked back up and be back on the track in a few weeks!

Thank Zer for the work you've done to get us these files!!! Freaking Awesome! Oh Shit, just remembered I also sold my racing wheel...
Crap!!!
How's everyone like running the old tracks?

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Crim wrote:Omg!
I have to buy and build another computer now... Canceled my land line and DSL....
Been using my phone for Internet and Email for a year now. Sick and tired of this shit!
Did my taxes last night, I'll be getting around 7k back, guess ill get hooked back up and be back on the track in a few weeks!

Thank Zer for the work you've done to get us these files!!! Freaking Awesome! Oh Shit, just remembered I also sold my racing wheel...
Crap!!!
How's everyone like running the old tracks?

Howdy stranger! How you been?

Don't go all out spending a bunch of cash just to get this running. It will run on whatever computer you have still. Why did you sell your wheel? :shock:

It's great blasting down these old tracks again, but right now it's only single player time trials. Hopefully we can get some kind of PvP launcher going pretty quick like the FlatOut mod. Can't wait to trade some paint with ya again Crim!

Crim
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Crim » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 am

Heya Buddy!
I can't wait to get back on the track either! Been way to long. I had a bad car accident Dec 2010, broke my back in 2 places, was having a couple seizures everyday for about 5 months. The drugs they had me taking, pretty much made me batshit crazy and didn't control the seizures. Then one day they just stopped! :) Anyway, I had to sell my TSW to pay some bills. Yesterday I dug out the box with my old computer stuff. I might have enough stuff to get something up and running soon, been using my phone for internet stuff, Its a pain in the ass for sure!