Dammit..

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
Blackin DeMaster
MB Bar Patron

Dammit..

Post by Blackin DeMaster » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Cleaning up around my desk, found a few spindles of old CDs and have been going through them. Ended up finding all my old '-=Blackin's Log' fictional stories.... diary... whatever... from back in early 2002.
Spent like the last hour reading through those and now I'm both extremely sad and extremely pissed. I miss that game a lot. :cry:
How the hell is it there has not since been a similar game with engine building and persistent auctions and racing and such? How the FUCK is that possible after all this time?? :scratch:

They were dumbasses for shutting that down.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Re: Dammit..

Post by ZER » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Blackin DeMaster, have you given the latest version of the debug(MCO Re-Fired) a shot? It's got the Engine/Car Building, and you can run the old tracks, plus a few more unreleased and unfinished tracks.

Yes, there is no Auctions, or multiplayer racing yet, but the little community working on it are figuring out how everything worked, and finding out new things all the time, so you never know.
Last edited by ZER on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giddy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Giddy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Yeah, it seems like every year at this time I start looking for an MCO replacement because I have more time on my hands. I do agree that it seems impossible that nobody has made a similar game in all this time. Such a shame.

Giddy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Giddy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Saw this on LinkedIn (I hope everone can see it.

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/arti ... videogames

You cant help but think that MCO would have been awesome on several platforms. Then I check the writer out and he's with EA. I wonder if he he knows about MCO????

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Giddy wrote:Saw this on LinkedIn (I hope everone can see it.

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/arti ... videogames

You cant help but think that MCO would have been awesome on several platforms. Then I check the writer out and he's with EA. I wonder if he he knows about MCO????
I don't think they would even have a device/app yet, that would let me snipe auctions at 4 in the morning and sleep instead....
But yeah, I could imagine how MCO would have adapted VERY well to the new technology.

Building cars/checking dealerships/auctions from your phone at work, making trades checking leader boards, then getting home and testing your builds on the tracks and fine tuning.

Blackin DeMaster
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blackin DeMaster » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:50 pm

STOP IT!!! STOP IT, GOD DAMMIT!! :banghead:

Gene in VT
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Gene in VT » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm

hell most phones would run MCO, they should port it over and make a few bucks.

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 am

Gene in VT wrote:hell most phones would run MCO, they should port it over and make a few bucks.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.......GTA3 ran like crap on high end computers back in 2001. Runs smooth as butter on a dual core phone.

GonePostal
Majic Bus GOD

Post by GonePostal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:55 pm

Put MCO on my smartPhone and I will lose my job, yet ANOTHER girlfriend, my family, daughters, cars, money... and I'll have a sign on the side of the road begging for money to pay my mobile bill. :shock:

The Goat MCO
MB Janitor

Post by The Goat MCO » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Hahahaha, no lie man. I was 24ish playing MCO and I would leave my girlfriends, later x-girlfriends, apartment after she fell asleep to go back to my place and check the auctions. Thinking back, WTF, what an addiction that game was. I lived my MCO persona as reality.

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm

I was seventeen and lived with my girlfriend. I can remember her getting mad because I'd stop and check auctions while we fooled around.

Gotta have priorities.

Giddy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Giddy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:36 pm

I WANT MY MCO!!!!