SpotsCarGT - Keeps getting better & better !!!

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:11 pm

Alejo wrote:I never played MCO so it would be so faithful and I'm not so skilled yet to make such a complicated track :(
you never played mco??? where's all the love for mco to make all the cars for it? and the mods and stuff?

and not every mco track is complicated, tri oval way pertty simple and dead man's run was awesome but pertty simple

jmann could get you pictures and videos. i had over 500 pictures of mco but then i got a new computer and i don't know where the old pictures are, my sister took the computer and talked about reformatting the hard drive :( they are probably on a cd or something, i sent them to a friend in a zip file

Alejo
MB Bartender

Post by Alejo » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:26 pm

Nope, haven't played MCO but a single lap around a track I can hardly remeber at a friend's house so all my work on those cars comes from love to muscle & classics purely. But damn, how I wish ti have played that game!!

Believe me, make a slightly more complicated track would take me forever. In the new track I'm making every single object was made starting with a simple cylinder and giving it shape and texture. Just check every screen and you'll see. I can make more complicated stuff but it takes me a pretty long time (like the objects on the micro machines track took me forever to do). Here is a link for a video of the new Circuito Metalico track, is a whole lap around the track:

http://forum.rscnet.org/attachment.php? ... tid=203718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(you'll have to right-click and save as)

SoliTear
MB Janitor

Post by SoliTear » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:23 am

To whom it may concern....

if yer just a little patient, maybe something will appear soon. :shock:

Alejo
MB Bartender

Post by Alejo » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:15 am

Do you mean you finally cracked the tracks out??!! :D

SoliTear
MB Janitor

Post by SoliTear » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:02 am

better start learning blender. get it here: http://www.blender3d.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nitrous16MCO
MB Janitor

Post by Nitrous16MCO » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:53 pm

I have been messing around with blender for a little while now, what is its signifigance to the MCO tracks?

Da_Rev
Majic Bus GOD

Sweet....

Post by Da_Rev » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:15 pm

Just like the mco trolls!

Alejo wrote:Tried to do the gravity defing stunt of performing a loop on SCGT. Edited a loop track on Z-Modeler, grabbed my racing helmet & readied the '69 GTO. On the track made a pretty long straight and reached 200mph, physically enough to climb a pretty small loop and.................hit an inivisble wall dead on just before reaching the vercal slope (90 degrees).

Apparently the game just doesn't want you to drive vertically :evil: Here is the pic:

Needless to say, the crash was so spectacular that my car was shattered into a million pieces. :D

RVD
MB Bartender

Post by RVD » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:09 am

SoliTear! Don't leave us hangin' man! :?

SoliTear
MB Janitor

Post by SoliTear » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:27 am

HeHe. I won't. As soon as I get the final piece of the frd file figured out. I'll post the results here. I am using python as the scripting language to parse the frd file. I've plotted data from the tracks into blender recently. If I can figure out the format for one section of the file then I can deliver what I have so far. The first release of the import script will just import the track sans textures. Which means the basic physical structure. The second release will be when I get the textures to automatically read and be placed onto the track physical structure. And Yikes! said it couldn't be done. HA.

Alejo
MB Bartender

Post by Alejo » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:24 pm

That is amazing dude, if you manage to do it you'll make history :D

RVD
MB Bartender

Post by RVD » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:26 pm

Alejo wrote:That is amazing dude, if you manage to do it you'll make history :D
Agreed! Awesome Soli!

BooRadley
MB Janitor

Post by BooRadley » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:14 pm

RVD wrote:
Alejo wrote:That is amazing dude, if you manage to do it you'll make history :D
Agreed! Awesome Soli!
I'll third that! That is fantastic Solitear!

Alejo
MB Bartender

Post by Alejo » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:38 pm

After a small drawback the track is finished and ready for your driving pleasure:

http://webspace.utexas.edu/ac2567/Publi ... -Final.jpg

Has day, night, wet and night-wet versions. The wet versions are very cool with thunder sounds and real lightning bolts. Happy racing :D

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:51 pm

http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A%3C746% ... B234ot1lsi

i stopped to wave goodbye

http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A%3C746% ... 4%3Aot1lsi

and ricers say you can't drift in muscle cars! i was drifting all over in Alejo's 74 firebird, its a awsome car. Great job! and a very good track also.

it would be really neat to be able to "drift" in these mco cars alittle bit more tho. it was alot of fun. i will try to mess with a veh to drift. any idea what settings to change?

Alejo
MB Bartender

Post by Alejo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:55 pm

Increase the friction in wheels. Increase both front-rear to make more drift, and increase only front for more oversteer.

Alejo
MB Bartender

Post by Alejo » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:46 pm

Seems that this SCGT-MCO forum is quite dead guys, if you're still alive visit this forum and look for the SCGT section:

http://forum.rscnet.org/forum.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it is very active and full of cool guys 8)