CADILLAC, YIKES tryin to get MCO back or MCO tracks 4 MCOmod

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
MrVonwolfi
MB Janitor

CADILLAC, YIKES tryin to get MCO back or MCO tracks 4 MCOmod

Post by MrVonwolfi » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:00 pm

Hey everyone PLEASE take notice of this post! if you havent heard already, The creators of the MCO mod are currently in contact with a couple guys at EA that I think you might have heard of.....CADILLAC and YIKES! AND theres some interesting talk going on between them and thier bosses! It seems that EA may finally be taking notice of thier loyal fans, there is a possibility that a new division of EA called EA CLASSICS may be evolving, where popular but older and currently unsupported games may be reappearing, and supported ONLINE. I believe it was Cadillac that has brought before the EA directors the idea of including MCO as one of these games, and it might just fly, though there are no guarantees. CADILLAC AND YIKES HAVE BOTH BEEN SEEN RECENTY ON THE MCOMOD FORUMS DISCUSSING WHAT THEY CAN DO TO GET THIS DONE! Also, they have stated that they are trying to get the codes for the MCO tracks so the MCOmod can adapt them to the mod DONT BELIEVE ME? well if you are already a member of the MCO mod forum, go to this link:
http://mcomodforums.com/invision/index. ... 829&st=105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you use the link please note that there are pages of discussions, and this is the last page in said discussion, click back pages to see more discussion with Cadillac and Yikes

If your not a member, go join at the MCOMOD home, by going to the homepage and clicking on 'community' then go to the forums then anything game related then the subject MCO tracks for MCOmod

there are 8 pages of discussion, Yikes and Cadillac actually say quite a bit, and apparently are currently and actively pursueing within the company this idea, and the EA classics idea appently is getting some notice by the exects, which is more attention than MCO has gotten by them in a while. Anyway I dont remember which, but either Yikes or Cadillac said that if we want to get this done, Someone should go to the Majic Bus and other mco related forums and rally the troops to come by and make some noise, because EA for the first time in a long time is actually taking notice! Well, I havent seen anybody over here stirrin up support, so I'm tryin to do my part, however small in the scheme of thing it is. So that bieng said, GET ON OVER TO THE MCO MOD FORUMS TO GIVE YOUR SUPPORT TO CADILLAC, YIKES AND THE MCOMOD CREW, TO GET BACK MCO OR PERHAPS JUST THE TRACKS, COME-ON!!!! CHARRRRRGE!!!!!!! Lets let em know that we want our MCO!!!!! 8)

BooRadley
MB Janitor

Post by BooRadley » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:59 pm

I've been watching that thread...pretty amazing.

**fingers crossed**

MrVonwolfi
MB Janitor

Post by MrVonwolfi » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:57 pm

Yeah, it is pretty amazin, aint it? if you dont believe us, go check it out for yourself, and dont forget to look at ALL the pages in the thread, not just the one my link points to! :shock:

Unk
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Unk » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:21 pm

It is sounding great.
I can almost smell the trolls, oh wait, that's chickens... :lol:

Long live the Classics!

:D

Drakkan
MB Bar Patron

Post by Drakkan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:07 pm

Posted over there, good stuff. I'm game for some custom skinning already!

Ryder620
MB Bartender

Post by Ryder620 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:23 am

Wow!!!! I wonder if they would bring back aliens online or airwarrior with these "classics" but MAN I WANT MY MCO!!

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:29 am

What a day of rejoicing to be had if Caddy and Yikes are able to pull this off. GOOD LUCK GENTS!!

*crosses fingers*

Crim
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Crim » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:16 pm

Amazing ! It will be great to run those tracks again :D

*I Want My MCO Back*

Crim

Lordred
MB Bar Patron

Post by Lordred » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:59 pm

hell i still have my MCO CD...

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:20 am

Lordred wrote:hell i still have my MCO CD...
so do i and meny other people. its one of few mco things left

SoliTear
MB Janitor

Post by SoliTear » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:03 am

uhhh... the discussion is about getting the tracks into the MCOMOD NOT bringing back MCO. what they wanted is the source data for the tracks so they wouldn't have to crack the frd structure. watch that as soon as i crack the frd file, which i am very close to completing by the way, that they suddenly say, "here is the data." boy, wouldn't that be ironic.....

smokin22s
MB Janitor

Post by smokin22s » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:19 am

I think your awesome solitear, You have gave me great hope for running the mco tracks again. All your work is greatly appreciate. THANK YOU. How much longer. hehe caint wait.

Bongmaster
MB Janitor

Post by Bongmaster » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:12 pm

I posted my reply over at the other boards, would be great to see MCO back in any form.

MrVonwolfi
MB Janitor

Post by MrVonwolfi » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:36 pm

Lol Solitear :lol: Sorry if my wording was a little vague, however Caddy's description of what was happening at EA was a little vague too, kinda like he was hinting that it could go several directions, so I figured I'd go with the most intrieging possibilities to gain interest, even if the coding release is the most likely. I think the EA Classics talk by Caddy was a suprise to everybody, which indicated to me that they may have a totally different idea themselves about MCO seperate from the release of tracks to an F-1 mod, and even if they don't, I like the V3.0 MCOMOD so much that I was willing to refer to it as the current and possible replacement for MCO, and thus the release of the tracks as our best chance at getting MCO back :) Anyway, I still believe we should all be equally interested in the unexpected EA Classic remarks by Caddy, and what MCO suprizes that might bring...... :twisted:

smokin22s
MB Janitor

Post by smokin22s » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:29 pm

Mrvonwolfi have you been to nfsu forum http://boards.ea.com/messages?13@@.1de9 ... decode=999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there are alot of mco people there, iam sure that they would like to here about all this also. Good job and keep on letting everyone know the more support we have the better chance we have of getting something back. ( nfsu web site is very slow but it will load)

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:34 pm

Well SoliTear it looks like your our only hope, so good luck man and im pulling for you,, and i want to thank all you guys for your support, were just trying to bring a little part, of mco back to the community, and hopefully the future will bring us a game similar :)

MrVonwolfi
MB Janitor

Post by MrVonwolfi » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:26 pm

heads up fellers! Sparkey T has been makin appearances over at the MCOMOD, apparently, downloadable custom engines, AND a parts system may soon be in development for the already running V3 MCOMOD, where you will be able to download and build your own engines with individual performance parts!!! If you dont already have the mod, really should check it out, its some real good racin, and with some cool stuff on the horizon, like this and possibly eventually the MCO tracks, we might just have ourselves our own little MCO2, EA be damned! Anyway heres the link:
http://mcomodforums.com/invision/index. ... topic=1050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe I sound a little over the top (as usual, lol) But I've played the mod a bit now, and in my opinion, if they add engine building, and eventually get the MCO tracks, or somethin close to them, and a few more cars which will be coming soon anyway, Well then this will make a great replacement for my MCO needs. The physics are more realistic, and challenging, more than the original MCO, The cars look,feel and sound much better, You can race way more than 4 at a time, Its gamespy supported, and user made files can be supported unlike MCO (tracks,Cars) And can be run offline, What more do you really want? all this and theres no subscription fee? lol! All I can say is go find a Copy of F-1 99-02 Challenge before they all disappear, cuz thats the only thing thats gonna be tricky about this project-Finding a copy of this game to put the mod on. However, the Modders are tryin to get EA to offer F1C as a 1 time paid download, that would really help. Go check it out, MAN! these cars not only look and sound better, but once u get used to em (takes a little time), I think there even better than the MCO Cars!

Schumacher
MB Janitor

Post by Schumacher » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:59 am

And nothing more ever became of this?

Ryder620
MB Bartender

Post by Ryder620 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:12 pm

fraid not... couldn't crack the code... could make a trake but not accuretely.. ask em for the full story at the mcomodforums... im not fully sure

tjk
MB Bar Patron

Post by tjk » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:21 pm

whatever happened to solitair? is that what your talking about Ryder? about making the tracks?

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:45 pm

last I saw of Sol he was just starting to get parts of the tracks exported

Zardoz
MB Senior Member

Post by Zardoz » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:14 pm

Tracks? Heck, all that talk of EA Classics bringing MCO back (original post) had me daring to hope. Tracks would certainly be cool but I want a home run not second base...lol! I WANT MY MCO!

I'll have to dig out my old CD's and give MCOMOD a spin again, hopefully I can find them. I got to impatient in the begining and gave up on it. It'll be really cool if they can get some of the old tracks back. I'll certainly be burning up BAGP if that one ever gets revived.

Good luck with cracking the code, keep the faith. The rest of us "side liners" will be eternally greatful!