Route 66 Online

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Route 66 Online

Post by Blaise » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:57 pm

http://www.route66online.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These guys need help, need all you comp nerds to head on over. The game is being developed by a bunch of ex-MCOers who miss the game as much as we do, and it's looking promising so far.

Quote from the Lead Designer: "Route 66 Online is going to be like MCO on Strong Steroids, and We hope to Keep the Game Running for As Long As Possible!"

tjk
MB Bar Patron

Post by tjk » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:50 pm

not to be rude or anything, but this has been posted like 3 times. the game seems good in theory but a lot of work would have to be done and they done seem like they are gonna get anywhere. there is no pics or anything. just dreams....

heres one topic....

http://www.majicbus.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8925

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:36 am

Cool thanks for the heads up. I hardly ever check any other forums besides this one and Get in the bus.

And unfortunately I don't see why you have such a negative attitude towards Route66. This game is just in the beginning stage, things like this take a long time and a helluva lot of hard work. Give it a chance, I for one am hoping they succeed.

tjk
MB Bar Patron

Post by tjk » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:21 am

no no no, dont get me wrong, i hope they can succeed also. anything that brings back mco in just the slightest touch is somethin to hope for. its just they got a lot on there plate and it hasnt been movin to fast. it seems like its been at the beginning stage for quite some time.

maximus04
MB Janitor

Post by maximus04 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:01 pm

It seems like u want this game to happen right now,i mean think of it,all the games now they just come out and we see them on tv or on a website or in a store,we dont actually know about them when they r started to be made,most games take a year maybe sometimes more then that to be made,and we dont know that,we just know when they come out,thats because if everyone new that everytime a new game just starts being made its going to be critisized and alot more negative feedback about how its just dreams and stuff,route66 isnt like that,they r for the people and the community,they want people to be in the loop every step of the way and i for one tottaly love and support that,that way we can see how it develops in everysatge,and THE PEOPLE get to help with whats in the game and whats not.ITS NOT EA HERE ITS ALL EX MCOERS,So lay bac k and chill and give ideas and let it happen cuz its going to happen. 8)

MsLilly
MB Bartender

Post by MsLilly » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:03 pm

not to be rude or anything, but this has been posted like 3 times. the game seems good in theory but a lot of work would have to be done and they done seem like they are gonna get anywhere. there is no pics or anything. just dreams....
actually there are afew pictures of it just search threw msn groups for Route 66 online and thier in the pictures section.

tjk
MB Bar Patron

Post by tjk » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:35 pm

MsLilly wrote:
actually there are afew pictures of it just search threw msn groups for Route 66 online and thier in the pictures section.
ok....i stand sort of corrected. on there msn groups site, they do have some photos....BUT...almost all of them are from MCO with a tiny bit a somethin else added in.

theres a few with what looks like some development but i dont know, they look pretty strange.

lainie
MB Bartender

rt66

Post by lainie » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:30 pm

tjk,,, dude, dude reach your hand ovr your shoulder and grab your collar. Lift up reall hard. Pull your self out of it, ya gotta have faith. The guys at rt66 are puttin lots of time in on this project. Besides workin there day jobs. It takes a hell of a lot less time to bitch about somethin then it doesnt to put the effort in an do that something. Life is full of do'ers and loseres y'all got to figure out what ya are.
RESPECTFULLY lainie

PS hello MsDipstick, nice to meet ya

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Re: rt66

Post by Apache » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:14 pm

lainie wrote:tjk,,, dude, dude reach your hand ovr your shoulder and grab your collar. Lift up reall hard. Pull your self out of it, ya gotta have faith. The guys at rt66 are puttin lots of time in on this project. Besides workin there day jobs. It takes a hell of a lot less time to bitch about somethin then it doesnt to put the effort in an do that something. Life is full of do'ers and loseres y'all got to figure out what ya are.
RESPECTFULLY lainie

PS hello MsDipstick, nice to meet ya
I think its fake. These boys have no idea what it takes to create and run a mmpog. Ill believe it when i see it.

lainie
MB Bartender

Post by lainie » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:57 pm

Cid,Cid, Cid,aaahhh Youth at its best I guess,

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Re: post

Post by Apache » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:02 pm

lainie wrote:Cid,Cid, Cid,aaahhh Youth at its best I guess,

I assure you that my youth is not effecting my judgement. My judgement is based on what i have seen from these people and the fact that i know what computers that run that robust of a DB cost. They are in over their heads.

Sofaking
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Sofaking » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:30 pm

i think the point is dont be so negative till you know if its real or not...all we can do is support them and wish for the best...saying its a joke,never gonna happen etc does nothing for anyone....if it does come true to life we will be happy if not atelast they tried so i guess just relax and go with the flow :)

lainie
MB Bartender

lol

Post by lainie » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:40 pm

Cid, I told Sofa, a very very dear friend of mine I would let this issue go, People are gonna disagree for now and for ever. The guys from rt66 are my friends and i believe in them. We will have this game i asure you. As a member of rt66 I will back them up. Just remember one thing if you will,,, who are we to judge others on there tasks what ever they maybe. I'll tell ya somethin Cid i can remember people saying "this computer shit will never work" What if everyone had listened to them. LOL think of it.
Respectfully lainie

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Re: lol

Post by Apache » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:46 pm

lainie wrote:Cid, I told Sofa, a very very dear friend of mine I would let this issue go, People are gonna disagree for now and for ever. The guys from rt66 are my friends and i believe in them. We will have this game i asure you. As a member of rt66 I will back them up. Just remember one thing if you will,,, who are we to judge others on there tasks what ever they maybe. I'll tell ya somethin Cid i can remember people saying "this computer shit will never work" What if everyone had listened to them. LOL think of it.
Respectfully lainie
Im usally a optimisic person but this project looks sloppy. Id rather be surprised when it works than be disappointed when it doesnt. Sofa understands me.

Drakkan
MB Bar Patron

Post by Drakkan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:44 am

Theres more to this project than meets the eye. I jumped on board with these guys back a few months ago and have seen alot of promise. Personally I would have not said anything or made a public website until farther in development, but the guys who started this are just very enthusiastic. Your right though, it is a huge project, and thats why we are always on the lookout for more help. The team is not a bunch of kids, this is not just an idea, and yes we realize what kind of equipment and resources are needed to get (and keep) the game running. Thats not to say "yes, start marking your calenders" because being this early in development everything depends on a million different factors and I can't say 100% that this game will ever be completed. What I can say though is that we have come a very long way, and like any other game being developed much of what is being done is kept under wraps.

Already we have had ups and downs in development but things keep moving forward. Since i've joined I watched a simple idea turn into a plan. The pictures your refering to are from before I came in and took over the art department, and trust me, we have much better in store than doctored MCO pics.

Now i'm not a PR guy, I didn't start the project, and I'm not trying to just tell you what you want to hear. I'm just another bus rider, and thought I would throw in my opinion for what its worth.

GonePostal
Majic Bus GOD

Post by GonePostal » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:54 pm

heyyy site revisions look much better...

lainie
MB Bartender

Drakkan

Post by lainie » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:18 pm

>>>>>>>>>>>BOOYAA<<<<<<<<<<<<<

lainie

Drakkan
MB Bar Patron

Post by Drakkan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:04 pm

they would look even better if we had you on board posty, I couldn't webdesign my way out of a wet paper bag. :twisted: Pretty much what you see on that site is the extent of my web knowledge, I just do graphics and drawing.

GonePostal
Majic Bus GOD

Post by GonePostal » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:55 am

Drakkan wrote:they would look even better if we had you on board posty, I couldn't webdesign my way out of a wet paper bag. :twisted: Pretty much what you see on that site is the extent of my web knowledge, I just do graphics and drawing.
bah I think ya did a good job. :)

I'm pretty sure I have ADD at this point, I can't concentrate on anything anymore, can't find my groove, totally blank creatively. I'm probably more of a hinderance to any project. I think I probably have several people pissed off at me now that I think about it. :shock:

Drakkan
MB Bar Patron

Post by Drakkan » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:08 am

I think its just artists in general, I am almost always that way too. lol

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:47 am

ShitHed+ wrote:

I assure you that my youth is not effecting my judgement. My judgement is based on what i have seen from these people and the fact that i know what computers that run that robust of a DB cost. They are in over their heads.

Well then how about instead of being a pessimist, you head on over there and offer some sort of help, and since you know so much about what a DB costs, then you could at least do those guys a favor by letting them know what it costs so they can stop wasting their time with Rt 66.

GonePostal
Majic Bus GOD

Post by GonePostal » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:05 pm

Drakkan wrote:I think its just artists in general, I am almost always that way too. lol
lol well at least I don't feel so bad now. :)

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:08 pm

Blaise wrote:
ShitHed+ wrote:

Well then how about instead of being a pessimist, you head on over there and offer some sort of help, and since you know so much about what a DB costs, then you could at least do those guys a favor by letting them know what it costs so they can stop wasting their time with Rt 66.
I guess i can do that at least.

Worth
Administrator

Post by Worth » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:22 pm

Drakkan wrote:Theres more to this project than meets the eye. I jumped on board with these guys back a few months ago and have seen alot of promise. Personally I would have not said anything or made a public website until farther in development, but the guys who started this are just very enthusiastic. Your right though, it is a huge project, and thats why we are always on the lookout for more help. The team is not a bunch of kids, this is not just an idea, and yes we realize what kind of equipment and resources are needed to get (and keep) the game running. Thats not to say "yes, start marking your calenders" because being this early in development everything depends on a million different factors and I can't say 100% that this game will ever be completed. What I can say though is that we have come a very long way, and like any other game being developed much of what is being done is kept under wraps.

Already we have had ups and downs in development but things keep moving forward. Since i've joined I watched a simple idea turn into a plan. The pictures your refering to are from before I came in and took over the art department, and trust me, we have much better in store than doctored MCO pics.

Now i'm not a PR guy, I didn't start the project, and I'm not trying to just tell you what you want to hear. I'm just another bus rider, and thought I would throw in my opinion for what its worth.
You got any Rt 66 art to show off Drak, the site is a bit thin :D