Motor city online Debug Program

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
limiter
MB Janitor

Motor city online Debug Program

Post by limiter » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 am

Where might i find this seemingly impossible to find little program?
I've been waiting forever to have a chance to play MCO again.
But i cant seem to find a download to the Debug prog.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Re: Motor city online Debug Program

Post by ZER » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:32 pm

I'll shoot you a PM to the the files I have uploaded to a hosting site.

Were you looking for the Original, or the modified one with the working HUD?

BooRadleyMCO
MB Janitor

Post by BooRadleyMCO » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 am

I stumbled on this thread last night, I can't believe there is finally a way to get MCO to launch offline. Even if it is in a window with poor performance I would love to see those cars and tracks again. I'd be eternally grateful if someone could send me a link to the Debug program.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 pm

PM Sent.

You should see it CID or Worth can get your original acct here back up and running for you.

BooRadleyMCO
MB Janitor

Post by BooRadleyMCO » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Thank you Zer!!!

BooRadleyMCO
MB Janitor

Post by BooRadleyMCO » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:10 pm

I updated to 1.2 where there is the HUD, I was able to turn all of the graphic options to their highest settings and all looks good on Win 7, running full screen, high resolution and really decent framerates. My computer is a couple years old so it's not blazing fast.

This is so freaking awesome to be in here again....thanks again Zer.

The Goat MCO
MB Janitor

Post by The Goat MCO » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 am

Last edited by The Goat MCO on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:58 pm

The Goat MCO wrote:Amen!

http://mcoracers.forumotion.com/
Joined.

BooRadleyMCO
MB Janitor

Post by BooRadleyMCO » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 pm

I joined as well and tossed a few times out there. I setup a specialty race on Skoggit with the weather on...you know you want to do some tornado racing! It's lonely over there, anyone that reads this head over and post a time :D

dannydodge
MB Janitor

Post by dannydodge » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:55 pm

ive been trying to find this frontend for the last week now since i found out! anyone give me alittle help finding it?

RE_Lee
MB Bar Patron

Post by RE_Lee » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 am

Massively late to the party here: What's this about a debug program now?

I read some of the threads here and did a quick search, and pretty much all I can find are forum threads of people bitching at each other over (apparently) who did the work and who should get credit.

Reminds me of the rFactor community. :banghead:

Anyway, pretty sure I still have my MCO disc kickin' around somewhere. What's a guy gotta do to get this debug thing?

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:23 pm

RE_Lee wrote:Massively late to the party here: What's this about a debug program now?

I read some of the threads here and did a quick search, and pretty much all I can find are forum threads of people bitching at each other over (apparently) who did the work and who should get credit.

Reminds me of the rFactor community. :banghead:

Anyway, pretty sure I still have my MCO disc kickin' around somewhere. What's a guy gotta do to get this debug thing?

OK, a quick rundown:
The debug lets you play MCO in an offline, single player mode, relaunching the game for every race.

Now for the bitching part:
Some NFS fan calling himself RacingFreak, asked if he could modify the OTHG ini editor by adding the CMO logo instead of the OTHG logo, which was fine by the community in general.
Next some community members, BooRadley, Kagey, BredCooper, and others all made progress on getting the track segments back, as well as adding some new content, and previously unreleased cars like the Dodge Viper.

Well this RF guy started posting this as if it was his work, with only a small blurp thanking other members for aiding in the construction.

Well once we called him out on it on his forum, he had all the posts calling him out deleted, then filed a report with our forum on forumotion.com, that we were infringing on EA's copyrights and had our forum shut down. TWICE!
Last edited by ZER on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

RE_Lee
MB Bar Patron

Post by RE_Lee » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Yeah, that sounds like rFactor alright.

Thanks for the info - will do.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 pm

RE_Lee wrote:Yeah, that sounds like rFactor alright.

Thanks for the info - will do.
No prob..
Last edited by ZER on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzMan
MB Janitor

Post by BlitzMan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Heya People who still check this.
        Here is the latest launcher I have done with the help of the gang. Most graphics by Goat, animated Welcome by Bred, 2nd Media center look Idea by Bred but chopped up and modified by me to fit layout.

http://www.4shared.com/file/23zcJoIr/MC ... Setup.html

You must have installed your MCO disk already and other files that were needed to play the debug. This Launcher needs .Net4 Framework Stand-alone installed to run cuz of new features and going with new ways.

Have fun and take care!
     ßlitz

RE_Lee
MB Bar Patron

Post by RE_Lee » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 am

...now if only I could find where I stored my screenshots of my old builds. :banghead:

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm

RE_Lee wrote:...now if only I could find where I stored my screenshots of my old builds. :banghead:
I wouldn't worry too much........with all the new performance parts that Kagey added, your old builds won't stand a chance.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Z28K wrote:
RE_Lee wrote:...now if only I could find where I stored my screenshots of my old builds. :banghead:
I wouldn't worry too much........with all the new performance parts that Kagey added, your old builds won't stand a chance.
LOL! Like the 572 HEMI! :shock: PURE MONSTER POWER!

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Just so everyone has an Idea, of how far it has come, I made a Vid of Blitzman's newest version of the Launcher(MCO Re-Fired v-0.5.0)

Gameplay video is only chitty because of the recording program:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4rG3OYaI0I[/youtube]

gabrielsch
MB Janitor

Post by gabrielsch » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Is there any way to get the newest version of MCO Re-Fired and CarBuilder.exe?

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 am

gabrielsch wrote:Is there any way to get the newest version of MCO Re-Fired and CarBuilder.exe?
Right now, there are a few projects going on, once everything is wrapped up, and tested, there are plans to go more public with the latest version. Till then, prob not.

texis
MB Janitor

Post by texis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:36 pm

BlitzMan wrote:Heya People who still check this.
Here is the latest launcher I have done with the help of the gang.....

You must have installed your MCO disk already and other files that were needed to play the debug. This Launcher needs .Net4 Framework Stand-alone installed to run cuz of new features and going with new ways.

Have fun and take care!
ßlitz
This link wants to download a file called ilividsetup,com. This isnt the MCO_RE-FIRED file is it?
I am so excited I cant contain myself!!!!!!!! I cannot believe MCO lives again?!?!?!?! My palms are actually sweating as I type!!!!

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

texis wrote:

Have fun and take care!
ßlitz
This link wants to download a file called ilividsetup,com. This isnt the MCO_RE-FIRED file is it?
I am so excited I cant contain myself!!!!!!!! I cannot believe MCO lives again?!?!?!?! My palms are actually sweating as I type!!!!
You clicked the wrong link.......it's one of their advertisements that help pay for the servers. I went thru all the hoops and Re-Fired is still there. Try it again and stick to the links near the top of the page. :thumbsup:

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

Z28K wrote:
texis wrote:

Have fun and take care!
ßlitz
You clicked the wrong link.......it's one of their advertisements that help pay for the servers. I went thru all the hoops and Re-Fired is still there. Try it again and stick to the links near the top of the page. :thumbsup:
Or install adblock plus for FireFox, then you won't see the misleading ads that look like download links.

texis
MB Janitor

Post by texis » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:25 pm

ZER wrote:
Z28K wrote:
texis wrote:

Have fun and take care!
ßlitz
Or install adblock plus for FireFox, then you won't see the misleading ads that look like download links.
Guys,

I just got home from work and came straight to this forum LOL. TY all so much for the help, I'm going to take care of some chore's for the wife and will install this after shes asleep. Again, TYVM you guys!!!

Best Regards,

Tex