Motor city online Debug Program

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Re: Motor city online Debug Program

Post by ZER » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:19 am

I guess from what I have read on the forum, they have been able to tie in Re-Fired to the internet to post times on tracks to the forum. I haven't tested it since I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands, and have to do a complete re-install of everything.

Treyplay
MB Janitor

Post by Treyplay » Sat May 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Hey guys, I have the original disk and was wondering if someone could send me the debug files, carbuilder, and everything else to play offline. I would really appreciate it, Thanks!

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:25 am

Anyone got links for the debug program/car builder? All I can seem to find is the hijacked launcher that other guy is whoring out. I was finally able to get that running but I'd like to be able to change a part or ten.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Sorry check you're PMs.

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Thu May 25, 2017 1:35 am

Err... sorry, may someone share debug files, carbuilder and Re-Fired 0.5.0 with me as well? I would be heavens-high-happy.

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Damn, fresh blood :grin:
This part of the Bus doesn't get haunted too much lately, though there is a Facebook group or two that might get you faster feedback on the debug/offline play.

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:43 am

May I ask you to share links with me? I got reply from ZER in PM, but it wouldn't hurt to have some more contacts, and I do not know anything about Facebook.

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Sorry, the few links I have somewhere on the list were from Zer a long time ago, I never did quite get it working right either.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Sorry guys.... my current living situation is with little to no internet unless I tether my laptop to my phone.

Sucks living way out in the stix, but that hopefully will soon change.
All my archive is on my gaming tower, and I am old as frack, not Worth old but more Carter plus a year old.... and you see how he is. :cool:

I promise if I get this house on the 24th at auction, I should be back to my old internet mischief within a month after.
I'm a single gamer after all, and MCO was the greatest game ever, so the only thing missing is internetz....

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:47 pm

EP429 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:18 pm
Sorry, the few links I have somewhere on the list were from Zer a long time ago, I never did quite get it working right either.
I actually got the Re-Fired to work... somehow. I can choose cars and launch the game, at least, but the Carbuilder doesn't work, and that's the prime thing, as I want to put superchargers on my cars and stuff.
ZER wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm
Sorry guys.... my current living situation is with little to no internet unless I tether my laptop to my phone.

Sucks living way out in the stix, but that hopefully will soon change.
All my archive is on my gaming tower, and I am old as frack, not Worth old but more Carter plus a year old.... and you see how he is. :cool:

I promise if I get this house on the 24th at auction, I should be back to my old internet mischief within a month after.
I'm a single gamer after all, and MCO was the greatest game ever, so the only thing missing is internetz....
I don't feel myself any younger, actually...

I'm still waiting for those files, as you can see, and I'll wait as long as you say. I really hope to get'em.

And I also hope everything will work out just as you want it to work. I need the same thing right now, but I myself even not sure what I gotta do to make my situation better.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 pm

I got a house, not the one I wanted.
I have to wait to get the deed before I can start working on it to make it livable.

I should be in the house by mid October.

This means I should be all set up and have all the files, and all the instructions to do a full install organized and uploaded by November.

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:46 pm

ZER wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 pm
I got a house, not the one I wanted.
I have to wait to get the deed before I can start working on it to make it livable.

I should be in the house by mid October.

This means I should be all set up and have all the files, and all the instructions to do a full install organized and uploaded by November.
Good enough, I hope. And I got the job, although not the one I wanted as well. But at least I'll have money now.

I'm still out here, waiting for the files, and I can easily wait a few more months. Man, some of my mod projects were started back in 2012, still stuck somewhere until I'll finally find some time and will to finish'em.

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone! Yep, I'm still here.

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Hello, hello. I'm still here. Zer? You're my only hope.

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 am

Ross_R wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm

You have refired running, but car builder don't work? Do you have the mco database directory linked to car builder? It won't work if you don't.

Most of the files are on the mco outcast forums. (the original one, not that new one that got created, not even sure why Dale thought we needed another forum.)

I have all the files, and I just got the game running again last night. I'm sure we can get yours running correctly. Just let me know what you need Ross.

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:43 am

Z28K wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 am
Ross_R wrote:

You have refired running, but car builder don't work? Do you have the mco database directory linked to car builder? It won't work if you don't.

Most of the files are on the mco outcast forums. (the original one, not that new one that got created, not even sure why Dale thought we needed another forum.)

I have all the files, and I just got the game running again last night. I'm sure we can get yours running correctly. Just let me know what you need Ross.
Oh, joy, thanks! Should we talk here or in PMs?

Overall, I suggest we should start from the scratch. I can't find my copy of ReFired...

Edit: Disregard that, found it. Came in a pack named MCO Buddy. Still works, but when I try to launch CarBuilder, it says "Unable to Start Program, CarBuilder must be in the same Directory as MCO installation".

You say I need to link database directory? How it should be done? Via .ini file?

Also it probably would be easier to start from scratch with your files...

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 am

Ross_R wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:43 am
Z28K wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 am
Ross_R wrote:

Oh, joy, thanks! Should we talk here or in PMs?

Overall, I suggest we should start from the scratch. I can't find my copy of ReFired...

Edit: Disregard that, found it. Came in a pack named MCO Buddy. Still works, but when I try to launch CarBuilder, it says "Unable to Start Program, CarBuilder must be in the same Directory as MCO installation".

You say I need to link database directory? How it should be done? Via .ini file?

Also it probably would be easier to start from scratch with your files...

Ok, first thing, calm down, you're freakin me out a little. :grin:

Yes, car builder needs to be in the mco directory. Example of my directory - [C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Motor City Online]<<<<--put car builder in here.

In car builder on the properties tab, link the mco database file.
See attached photo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am

No, it won't be easier to start from scratch with my files..........some of these are huge in size and I would have to find somewhere to upload them all.

On the outcast forums, Blitz has a post with all the steps and links to everything. We can work on it there, and the chat box.

Ross_R
MB Janitor

Post by Ross_R » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Z28K wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 am
Ok, first thing, calm down, you're freakin me out a little. :grin:

Yes, car builder needs to be in the mco directory. Example of my directory - [C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Motor City Online]<<<<--put car builder in here.

In car builder on the properties tab, link the mco database file.
See attached photo:
Well, I've missed the party and tried to hunt down this files for a year already, what can I say.

That's the thing: I do not believe I have the Carbuilder at all. Whatever MCO Buddy is, it has the launcher which is identical to Refired - or so I remember. It was made by Blitz... I can send it to you, actually. It weights 55 MB.

Anyway, as far as I understood, Carbuilder was not included...
Z28K wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am
No, it won't be easier to start from scratch with my files..........some of these are huge in size and I would have to find somewhere to upload them all.

On the outcast forums, Blitz has a post with all the steps and links to everything. We can work on it there, and the chat box.
The mega.nz thing - it turned out quite reliable, actually. Though it is a pain to use with Firefox...

Outcast forums... Can I have a link? And that huge post would probably help as well.

Pff... Last time I dived into it was quite some time ago. I probably had some other problems, but let's do it one step at a time... And thanks.

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:46 am

Ross_R wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Outcast forums... Can I have a link? And that huge post would probably help as well.

Sent ya a link. :this:

GingerTool
Global Moderator

Post by GingerTool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:21 pm

No one is posting, so I'm going to put my name all across the board. Enjoy!

Runer120
MB Janitor

Post by Runer120 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Any news on the game ?

Worth
Administrator

Post by Worth » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 am

Been quiet for a year or so, not sure if everyone gave up or not. It seems to be ancient history at this point.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Runer120 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:46 pm
Any news on the game ?
Did you ever join my discord channel with the files and instructions?
I recognize every name there, and you aren't one of them.